Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is one of the most common diseases that affect children today. There is no known cure for ADHD. However, people with this disorder are often prescribed various medications to help them get rid of lack of attention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity, which are common symptoms of ADHD. Dimethylaminoethanol, also known as DMAE, is also used by people as a supplement or alternative to certain prescription drugs. So, if you give your child the addition of DMAE ADHD?
DMEA is a naturally occurring substance produced by the brain, and is also found in fish such as sardines.
- There have been no clinical trials with AMD for ADHD, but in the 1970s two studies were conducted that evaluated the use of AMD as a possible treatment for ADHD.
- A double-blind, ten-week study of 50 children aged 6 to 12 years managed half of the DMAE group, and the other half controlled a placebo. At the end of 10 weeks, the DMAE group showed noticeable improvements in their tests.
- Another double-blind study also covered 10 weeks, this time in 74 children, and compared the efficacy of DMAE with ritalin and placebo. The DMAE and Ritalin group showed an improvement over the placebo group.
- Keep reading to learn more about dmae choline source and subscribe to the free ADHD newsletter below. Offering additional information on how to recognize and treat ADHD naturally.
It is believed that the treatment of DMAE for ADHD may have the following effects:
1) Increased concentration: a common problem for people with ADHD is the lack of ability to focus on the task in question. In fact, most do not like any work that requires additional mental effort for long periods of time. Therefore, children suffering from ADHD often do not like to do their homework.
2) Warning: another problem caused by ADHD is lack of vigilance. People suffering from ADHD have difficulty concentrating on their tasks simply because they are bored with the task and their mind begins to look for other actions. DMAE supplements are said to increase attention by alleviating this symptom of ADHD.
3) Memory: in addition to monitoring and warning, it also states that DMAE complements improved memory. This is one of the main reasons why some companies advertise various DMAE supplements as “brain foods”. By increasing the amount of memory, some people believe that DMAE supplements can actually help with Alzheimer’s disease or memories that are worsening.
Of course, accepting the DMAE supplement for ADHD is not a “magic pill.” There are still some questions about the feasibility of treating DMAE for ADHD, since no clinical trials have been performed. DMAE is also cumulative, so you should carefully follow all instructions given in the package regarding doses. Although it is not a toxic substance, it can cause side effects, such as headaches, irritability, insomnia, depression and anxiety, which is not ideal for those who are already hyperactive. If you want to try an ADHD treatment supplement with dmae benefits, talk with your doctor or a qualified health professional before starting your child’s DMAE.